If your face feels dry after washing it, your cleanser may be to blame. Many cleansers work to deep clean the skin. However, certain ingredients they use may leave you with skin that feels dry or tight. A hydrating cleanser can help keep your skin feeling moisturized.
What makes a hydrating cleanser different from other cleansers?
Hydrating cleansers contain more moisturizing ingredients that minimize water loss and drying of the skin. They gently and effectively wash away impurities, without removing critical natural oils skin needs to remain hydrated. Hydrating cleansers are recommended for all skin types and work effectively on skin conditions such as rosacea, eczema, and psoriasis.
Try Hylunia Facial Cleansing Lotion or Hydrating Cleansing Cream for a gentle water activated cleanser that hydrates while it cleanses.
Also known as nature’s “super moisturizer,” hyaluronic acid is a major component of tissue repair. It naturally flushes from the body within one to three days, making it absolutely necessarily to replenish skin tissue with it. This is why hyaluronic acid is the foundation Hylunia skincare.
Cleanser ingredients that can dry skin
Watch out for the following ingredients in cleansers to avoid drying your skin.
- Alcohols such as ethanol, ethyl, methanol, benzyl, isopropyl, sodium chloride and SD.
- Parabens listed as methyl, propyl, butyl, and ethyl.
- Surfactants listed as sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, ammonium lauryl sulfate, salicylic acid, sodium sulfosuccinate, and willow bark.
- Alphahydroxy acids (AHAs).
- Glycolic acid
- PEG-6 Laurate
- FD&C dyes/Synthetic dyes
- Propylene Glycol
- Mineral oil
- Artificial fragrances
Hydrating cleansing ingredients
Look for these ingredients when searching for a hydrating cleanser:
- Hyaluronic acid
- Jojoba oil, coconut oil, avocado oil
- Grape Seed extract
- Shea butter
- Sodium Alpha Olefin Sulfonate
- Polysorbate containing ingredients
- Cocmidopropyl betaine (CAPB)
- Butylene glycol
- Caprylyl glycol